[Qgis-user] Shapefile to kml for DJI Pilot, planning your drone mission in QGIS.

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 10:03:27 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

Some of you flying drone missions might have noticed that DJI Pilot, does not like .KMLs created in anything else than Google Earth. When exporting the most basic kml from QGIS, the resulting kml still has too many tags for the DJI software.

I created an OpenSource python software to batch export your mission planning files from ArcMap and QGIS to DJI Pilot kml.

The video explains the advantages of using a true GIS over Google Earth to plan your missions, shows how to use the software and how to setup your Python environment.  You can go to my gitlab page to download the script.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzr-zP5wG1g&fbclid=IwAR3f6F_5fgxmZuy6mbM_zavW_6rtnW7oeT482wAeJ7WdEhJMovqEMmNDtTM

Enjoy!

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux