[Qgis-user] File always reloads layers

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Tue Oct 5 00:36:22 PDT 2021

If you press the F12 key it will bring up the developer/ debug tools. Under
the profiler tab, select the "Project Load" category and the Reading map
layers section will give you the time it takes for QGIS to load each layer.

For the layer rendering issue in the ToC it's hard to say what the issue is
without more info or sample data. Maybe you could supply the layer
definition, or copy it to a new project and see if it resolves the issue.

The first step to troubleshooting is to start a new user profile. It may be
a network drive, database connection, or even a faulty plugin causing your
issues. In terms of recovery, .qgs files will store a .qgs~ backup copy
when saving, but over and above that users are largely expected to manage
their version control themselves (the process will depend on the project
storage format and location, as you can store projects in databases etc).
But QGIS also has a host of features for copying and exporting layers/
styles/ layouts, and a lot of configuration options between projects in
case you want to start over. QGS projects themselves are just XML as well,
so it's possible to edit it with a text editor.

Regards