[Qgis-user] Problem trying to graduate by value (colum)

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 04:33:52 PDT 2022

Hi,

Your number fields are probably using a text format.  You cannot graduate a text field.

Create a new field (columns) with a float or int and, using the field calculator to copy the data from the text field this new field.  You can also just change the field type but if you do that, backup the data first as some data may be lost.  Make sure the data is good before continuing as having a mixe of number format (like using commas and points) is all good for a text field but will not be appreciated by the number field.  They will become NULL data.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux