[Qgis-user] issue with ”Task complete: Counting features in...”

Alexandru Munteanu aldru.munteanu at gmail.com
Sat May 14 08:00:33 PDT 2022

Hello,

I am encountering an issue that dramatically slows down the work flow in
qgis. I am using the version 3.24.
My project consists of more then 100 layers, both shp and wms. These
projects are city master plans, an they are quite bulky, data wise.

The issue is that every time i make an operation, the program runs a
process ending with the message ”Task complete: Counting features in
...(layer)”. This especially happens when i compile print layouts and
edit anything in the print layout. When this happens the program freezes
to points when i have to forcibly restart the program.

Did anyone encounter similar problems? Is there way around that? Can i
make it stop counting the features?
Or maybe do you have tips on how i can change the work flow?
The idea is that when i finish the project i should print around 15
thematic layouts.

Thank you for any info you could provide me on that!
Best,
Alexandru

--
Alexandru Munteanu
Centre of Urbanism, co-founder, president
aldru.munteanu at gmail.com