[Qgis-user] No GetFeatureInfo request sent in QGIS Desktop on WMS layer

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri May 20 00:08:32 PDT 2022

Hi,

I am experimenting with a very simple/basic WMS served by UMN Mapserver.

For some reasons, GetFeatureInfo does not work, although it is
"advertised" as available in the GetCapabilities reponse.

Here is the test service:
http://159.100.248.156/cgi-bin/mapserv.fcgi?map=/home/ubuntu/umn_mapfiles/cave_entrances.map

and a link to the GetCapabilities request

http://159.100.248.156/cgi-bin/mapserv.fcgi?map=/home/ubuntu/umn_mapfiles/cave_entrances.map&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

When I load this layer, i get the two points in the data set, but I
can't query them. QGIS says "No feature found at this position" and in
the network debugging session I see that no request is sent to the
server.

Do you have any idea what might be wrong with this WMS service?

Thank you and greetings,

Andreas