[Qgis-user] No GetFeatureInfo request sent in QGIS Desktop on WMS layer

Kobben, Barend (UT-ITC) b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Fri May 20 00:18:01 PDT 2022

Your mMAP set up apparently is wrong, because contrary to what you think, the layer is NOT queryable:

<Layer queryable="0" opaque="0" cascaded="0">
<Name>cave_entrances</Name>

Usualy this means you have to set appropriate things in the .map file, such as

First, we have to prepare MapServer to actually be set up to respond to the request in a way the OpenLayers script can handle:
Edit your .map file. In each LAYER object you want to query, put the lines:
    TOLERANCE 5
    TOLERANCEUNITS pixels

In each LAYER object's METADATA put the extra line:
    "wms_include_items" "all"

In each CLASS object put the extra line:
    TEMPLATE "empty"

--
Barend Köbben

On 20/05/2022, 09:10, "Qgis-user on behalf of Andreas Neumann via Qgis-user" <qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>> wrote:

Hi,

I am experimenting with a very simple/basic WMS served by UMN Mapserver.

For some reasons, GetFeatureInfo does not work, although it is "advertised" as available in the GetCapabilities reponse.

Here is the test service: http://159.100.248.156/cgi-bin/mapserv.fcgi?map=/home/ubuntu/umn_mapfiles/cave_entrances.map

and a link to the GetCapabilities request

http://159.100.248.156/cgi-bin/mapserv.fcgi?map=/home/ubuntu/umn_mapfiles/cave_entrances.map&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

When I load this layer, i get the two points in the data set, but I can't query them. QGIS says "No feature found at this position" and in the network debugging session I see that no request is sent to the server.

Do you have any idea what might be wrong with this WMS service?

Thank you and greetings,

Andreas