[Qgis-user] adding a layer from a zipped file

Stephen Sacks ssacks456 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 07:37:24 PDT 2022

Hi Richard,
    Your "wild guess" is exactly right.  I tested it.  I copied file
"GardenA.qml" into the same folder where "GardenA.zip" is located.  Then
told QGIS to add vector layer "GardenA.zip".   It added layer "GardenA"
using the correct color and labels.  A similar test added layer
"GardenAtrees.zip" with the correct svg symbol.
    You've solved the mystery.  THANK YOU.
    I'm not happy with the resulting layer name ("GardenA - GardenA.shp"
instead of just "GardenA") so I'll have to change all the layer names.
But I can write a Python script to do that.)
     I've never used geopackages.  Something new for me to learn.
            Cheers,
                Steve