[Qgis-user] Move to discourse

Iain at jcis.net.au Iain at jcis.net.au
Thu Apr 11 14:27:42 PDT 2024

I am not sure what is being proposed here - is this list, QGIS-User to close
or move?

Are we then to ban "lazy" users from asking "trivial questions" because QGIS
is so well documented.

Well, how helpful is that approach?

The QGIS community includes new starter as well as the experts and
inevitably basic questions will be asked (another would be about Dfx and Dwg
files not projecting). They are asked as the users are in need of help and
may not have the time to "do the research". If you are starting out these
are not trivial questions rather, they stem from deep frustration that
things are not working as they are supposed to. So, when they turn to this
list for help they are told sorry it's too trivial? Is that really in the
spirit of the open-source community?

I propose that a QGIS-Elite user group be set up and those who want to can
move there leaving us Users to ask our trivial and unresearched questions in
this forum.

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants

President Royal Australian Historical Society

P.O. Box 2397

Burwood North

NSW, 2134

(02) 9701 0191