[Qgis-user] Map Corner Coordinates

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Apr 15 04:57:30 PDT 2024

Hi Alanna,

It depends a bit on what you want to do.

There are map grids that you can use to label the edges of a map.

Or you can use a label with an expression. Here is one expression to
help you get started:

with_variable(
     'mapextent',
     map_get(item_variables('Map1'),'map_extent'),
     round(x_min(@mapextent)) || ' - ' || round(x_max(@mapextent))
)

This gets the map extent of the map with the ID "Map1" (you need to set
the ID accordingly). Using the item_variables() data structure you can
get hold of the first map and then query one or more of the attributes
of a referenced item in a layout.

https://docs.qgis.org/3.34/en/docs/user_manual/expressions/functions_list.html#variables
gives you a list of available variables - but it depends of the
expression scope you are currently in.

Hope this helps you to get started.

Andreas