[Qgis-user] Point order in WKT export from polygon layer

Reetz, Michael (NLPVW) Michael.Reetz at nlpvw.niedersachsen.de
Mon Aug 5 05:33:31 PDT 2024

Dear list,

I've created a csv-file with coordinates in WKT-format by exporting a polygon layer with the "Save object as ..."-option ("Objekte speichern als ..." in the German QGIS version). I need this for querying data from GBIF via their API using JSON input. That has worked for the last years. But using the same JSON files this year gives an error because the point order is clockwise. I've found that according to the OGC standard the order should be counter clockwise for polygons and clockwise for excluded areas inside a polygon. It seems as if GBIF is following this standard now.

Would it be possible to follow the OGC standard in the QGIS export, too? This would reduce the amount of rework after each export.

Best regards
Michael

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Im Auftrag

Michael Reetz

Michael Reetz
Datenbanken und Anwendungsentwicklung
Nationalpark-Verwaltung Niedersächsisches Wattenmeer
Virchowstr. 1 | 26382 Wilhelmshaven
Tel.: +49 (0) 4421 911 291
e-mail: michael.reetz at nlpvw.niedersachsen.de<mailto:michael.reetz at nlpv-wattenmeer.niedersachsen.de>
Web: https://www.<https://www./>nationalpark-wattenmeer.de