[Qgis-user] problem when opening projects in open instance

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jun 20 02:45:39 PDT 2024

I think it is important to know if it is an issue with the actual file (maybe corrupt etc, or maybe locked or so), or the combi of the file + on a network drive.

If you copy that same qgz file to your local disk, is QGIS then able to open it normally?
(if so: then it is network and possibly QGIS related)

Can you try 'unzip/unpack' the file with another 'unzip' program, when it is ON the network drive?
(if so it is QGIS/network related)

Note that a qgz file is a 'normal' zip. Just rename it to .zip to look into it. You will find the old .qgs file. Which actually is an xml file which you can see in an editor.

One of the issues with 'network drives' could be that several people on the same time are writing to it? Not sure if it can get corrupt in this way.... that is why I propose to look into it, IF you can open it as a zip.

HTH

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde