[SAC] Mailman spam filtering?

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 11:50:01 EST 2007

Hi SAC team,

after the smooth migration of all GRASS Mailing lists to OSGeo (special
thanks to Frank for his immediate help to quickly migrate 13 lists!),
I now face the same problem as other Mailman moderators:
all the spam which is trapped and bombing my inbox with Mailman
notifications.

At grass.itc.it I had "bogofilter" running to filter the mailman queues
(see http://mpa.itc.it/markus/bogofilter/index.html
  "Protecting Mailman with bogofilter against spam")
which worked in 99% of cases (and never trapped ham).

Any chance to implement something like this on the OSGeo
server? Or use a Spamasassin daemon? Or you "postgrey"
which works nicely for me on another server?

Best
Markus

PS: some selected subscribers stats of the new lists:
 grass-announce 204 members
 grass-dev          475 members
 grass-user         984 members
 grass-windows   552 members