[SAC] Mailman spam filtering?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 16 12:58:23 EST 2007

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi SAC team,
>
> after the smooth migration of all GRASS Mailing lists to OSGeo (special
> thanks to Frank for his immediate help to quickly migrate 13 lists!),
> I now face the same problem as other Mailman moderators:
> all the spam which is trapped and bombing my inbox with Mailman
> notifications.

Markus,

Note, recent practice has been to set lists to just reject email
from non-members to avoid it piling up in the moderation queue.  If
that is acceptable practice to you, then it greatly reduces
moderation headaches.

If not, better filtering would be needed.  I could certainly see
some value in having it in place though I have no direct experience.