[SAC] DVCS support

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Jul 24 12:23:31 EDT 2009

Howard Butler wrote:
> All,
>
> After having received tacit approval from the Board to implement
> infrastructure for libspatialindex,  I would like to explore what
> variant of distributed version control system SAC would like to
> support.

Good idea!

> Are there any other contenders besides hg and git?

I was investigating DVCS myself some time ago,
together with SOCI (soci.sf.net) team and the conclusion was that
these two are the only mature, efficient, robust and well-supported
tools available.
There is plenty ofcomparisons and reviews of DVCS' on Web and blogs
and most of the ones I've seen are focused on Mercurial and git.
It seems to be indicative.