[SAC] Migration update

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Apr 29 14:34:01 EDT 2010

On 04/29/2010 10:46 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> I'm just trying to catch up on where our infrastructure migration might
> be at and get the conversation going again.
>
> I've been looking at:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Transition_Plan_2010#Final_Plan
>
> I see we've got a few names listed and just thought I'd write to see
> if we've made much progress.  Also, here are a few question marks in
> case someone is able to help with that part.
>
> wiki: Martin
> ldap: Howard, Martin
> web: Wolf - we need to determine the VM resource requirements for our
> various drupal sites
> trac: ?
>
> backup: Martin, all in place?
> qgis: Gary, Macho; has their team been notified or started on VM?
> webextra: ?
> projects: ? need to determine resources?
>
> Any comments?
>
> Tyler

Only Wiki, Backup and Secure currently exist.
Wiki - test instance installed
Backup - Existing backups from osgeo1, osgeo2, downloads redirected to
it, no Bacula setup yet
Secure - nothing done that I know of

As soon as I have the information for another set of VMs (How much HD
etc) I was going to put in another request for some new VMs. Also
sometime this week OSL was going to notify me when we would have more
direct access to creating VMs ourselves.

QGIS is in the queue for this next round and it sounds like webextra and
projects might also need to be. But I only have specs for QGIS set.