[SAC] Mailing lists backlog

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Sep 10 09:12:06 PDT 2012

On 09/10/2012 06:55 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> SAC,
>
> I came across this: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/939#comment:2
> which refers to several tickets requesting new mailing lists that have
> not been addressed in several weeks. (and there may be more, I didn't
> check)
>
> Is there a reason why those are blocked or did those tickets just fall
> in a black hole? It would be kind to have someone respond to them to
> explain the long wait or tell them why the request cannot be addressed.
> Maybe SAC needs a mailing list champion, in charge of responding
> promptly to all such requests, if there is not already one?

I don't recall there being a problem with any of the requests, just
limited volunteer time to implement. Last I checked one or two people
handle all the list requests, adding a 3rd such person would be good.
Are you or Jorge interested? A single dedicated person is prone to
slower response times due to days off/vacation/work load and the ticket
system keeps us from duplicating work.