[SAC] Mailing lists backlog

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 10 09:33:07 PDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> On 09/10/2012 06:55 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
>> SAC,
>>
>> I came across this: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/939#comment:2
>> which refers to several tickets requesting new mailing lists that have
>> not been addressed in several weeks. (and there may be more, I didn't
>> check)
>>
>> Is there a reason why those are blocked or did those tickets just fall
>> in a black hole? It would be kind to have someone respond to them to
>> explain the long wait or tell them why the request cannot be addressed.
>> Maybe SAC needs a mailing list champion, in charge of responding
>> promptly to all such requests, if there is not already one?
>>

> I don't recall there being a problem with any of the requests, just
> limited volunteer time to implement. Last I checked one or two people
> handle all the list requests, adding a 3rd such person would be good.
> Are you or Jorge interested? A single dedicated person is prone to
> slower response times due to days off/vacation/work load and the ticket
> system keeps us from duplicating work.

Daniel,

Alan and I normally deal with these.  When one slips through
cracks email-wise it is unlikely to be revisited unless someone
points it out which is what appears to have happened to these.

I'll take care of them.

In general it would be nice if someone kept an eye on the SAC
bug queue and followed up on items that get neglected.