[SAC] 2013 Agenda - was: Upgrade list for VMs

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 28 10:47:07 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Alex Mandel
<tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> Frank,
>
> What do we need the Windows Vms to do? Which versions of Windows?

Alex,

My primary goal is a collaborative build environment for OSGeo4W
packages.  If things go well, I can imagine offering it for projects
to prepare their own standalone builds and possible for windows based
automated testing.

I don't have a particular version of windows in mind.

> I've actually been testing this concept for a while and am willing to
> host a couple myself at Davis for the purposes of build platforms. I
> have access to all versions of windows (licensed) and have a platform
> almost identical to OSUOSL.

Sweet!   How/when can we proceed?

> PS: I've already tested Win 7 and Win 2008 RC2 on ganeti, they aren't
> fast but they work.

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "not fast", but I did fine the
Amazon "tiny" instances pretty slow for windows builds.