[SAC] build server

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Sep 29 09:01:46 PDT 2013

On 09/29/2013 04:49 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> Hi SAC,
>
> thanks for the cpu and ram on the QGIS server :-)
>
> But we still fall short in disk (to do our nightly builds etc).
>
> From an older mail:
>
> "Falls in line with a build server that has been discussed recently with
> postgis team et al (M. Smith offered one)"
>
> What is the status for that one?
>
> I asked Juergen/jef, and he is fine to move these builds to another
> server (hoping/willing to have 'cowbuilder' on that???).
>
> So, can anybody shine a light about this machine?
>
> Is it already available? If so can we have credentials for it?
>
> If not available yet? Any road map for it?
>
> Need help with something?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

We do have disk space that can be added. I was hesitant to do it this
time because the downtime would be longer for qgis which is quite
heavily visited at the moment.

Also I had an idea, that we should take the "Backup" vm and turn at
least part of it into a "Build" vm while we discuss other options to
come online. Step 1 in this process is to move the backups off osgeo4
onto the new osgeo5 hardware. I've been told osgeo5 was racked last week
but not turned on yet. So I expect it to come online this week. At that
point we could slice off some disk or just rename "Backup" to "Build or
Download2" and get started using it for other things.