[SAC] [MOTION] Grant me 50 hours of sysadmin work

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Tue May 24 03:50:00 PDT 2016

Hi Markus,

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:

>> I'm asking for 50 hours as I think Martin Spott might also be
>> interested in taking the other 50. If this is not the case,
>> I might be available for more after the first slot completes.
>
> (I hope he actually asks for it)

This might prove to be more difficult than expected.

In order to allocate extra time I'd need to put a long-standing
customer-relationship on hold but that's probably not going to resume
after the OSGeo job is done.  In order to fill the gap, I'd need OSGeo
to grant about 150 paid work hours pa at minimum as compensation until
an alternate is available and, let's be honest, I think this is
unlikely to happen due to various reasons.

Moreover I've been advocating *against* paid sysadmin work at OSGeo for
most of the time, thus by billing my own time I'm not going to gain
much credibility  ;-)

Right now I'm clueless about how a solution might work out.