[SAC] [OSGeo] #1793: Reqiest for FOSS4G-announce list

Guido Stein guido at guidostein.com
Sat Sep 17 07:39:00 PDT 2016

Jeff,

I am sorry you feel this way about this correspondence. I did not mean to
scare you away from the conversation, I appreciate your input greatly even
if we may not agree on how everything should be done.

I still want the FOSS4G2017 list to be a community forum and I still think
there is a need for a FOSS4G announce list.

I wish you would reconsider your move to remove yourself from
the FOSS4G2017 list, as I think your voice, passion, and recommendations
are important to the process. I am currently planning time this weekend to
digest your emails and pull what I can from them to improve the event. (BTW
- I hope you like the OSGeo logo placement. It will also feature
prominently in the next iteration of the site as well because we want
people to know that OSGeo community is the core of this event)

I think we have a lot to learn from you and the rest of the community. I
will always hear people out and ​we want to​ "more openly" discuss the
issues. At the end of the day though, I and the LOC will make the choices
for this event​based on our best judgement and adhering as closely as we
can to the proposal outline we submitted in the bid.

The Boston LOC has been working on event for a while now, meeting for the
last eight months. We have a game plan, a priority list, and a timeline. We
will focus on various activities at different times over the course of the
year. We are willing and committed to including the communities input on
our activities, but we will need time to consider how best to incorporate
other's ideas/requests.

Again, I want the community list, I want your voice on the community list,
and please reconsider walking away from this discussion and dialog.

Sincerely,

Guido