[SAC] Nominate Harrison to Join SAC

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Feb 8 17:38:36 PST 2017

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> All, I'd like to nominate Harrison Grundy (aka astrodog) to join SAC.
> He'll be joining initially as our liaison to marketing for the new website
> branding overhaul, and has a track record helping out in the past on various
> SAC issues, as well as professional sys admin experience.
>
> We should probably formalize this, but I suggest for new members we simply
> nominate by existing member, and then give a period of time for anyone to
> voice an objection, 48 hours perhaps? Maybe I should make a motion about
> adopting this practice? Since we don't have it in place, then members should
> vote per normal motions.

In the absence of a Committee adopting different operating procedures,
I think that the default method is the general committee guidelines,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Committee_Guidelines (recently revised so
could look at previous versions as well).  This is more or less how
most OSGeo projects operate so should be fairly familiar and straight
forward to many people.

Best regards, Eli