[SAC] Wiki backups from 2014 - can we remove ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Jul 26 05:46:21 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 10:43:29AM +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
> Sandro Santilli wrote:
>
> > The wiki machine has currently 2.4GB of available space but earlier
> > today a cron job found that space to be unavailable while doing man
> > pages maintainance.
>
> I just realized you already took care of removing the package cache. I
> still consider this as being my duty (as I still regularly apply
> updates), thus thanks for jumping in.

I was looking for a log of such updates, as wiki recently broke
due to a (default?) misconfiguration of the php apache module.
Was that module updated recently ? Or can you tell where
/etc/php5/apache/php.ini came from ?

> From my perspective the old DB dumps can go away, anyhow I must admit
> that I didn't real all of the recent list traffic and might have missed
> important notices.
>
> If we decide to preserve these old dumps, I can store them off-site.

They are now in /var/lib/trashme, if you want to take them elsewhere.

Can you think of other possible ways those 2.4GB were consumed
temporarly, enough for the cron job updating mandb would fail ?