[SAC] [OSGeo] #1940: osgeo4 raid needs a replacement

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jun 14 04:09:43 PDT 2017

Hi Alex,

On Tue, 13. Jun 2017 at 22:08:25 -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> OSGeo3 which contains Downloads has a space issue, but that's actually
> just a disk allocation issue, it has more space. But nothing new should
> go on that machine it's just as old.

So it's just still a matter of access?  Expanding a lv and growing a fs should
be a matter of minutes - although making the expanded lv known to the vm
without a reboot might be an issue.

> FYI, adding a replacement disk the last time caused significant downtime to
> rebuild the raid (days).

Usually you would just pull the disk and put in a new one - without any
downtime.  At least the rebuild should run in background.  Anyone recall why it
had to run in foreground with everying offline the last time?

> qgis contains their bug tracker which if I recall the qgis PSC has been
> debating the future of.

We moved redmine to a non-osgeo machine.  The VM now is only hosting the
website with documentation and downloads.  It's also behind cloudflare.  But
disk space is also an issue there too.

Building of website and documentation has been moved of the VM and is rsynced
back from another non-osgeo machine to the VM.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode