[SAC] [Urgent] Proposal for new OSGeo site hosting

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Sep 8 02:06:20 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 02:40:39PM -0700, Alex M wrote:

> In terms of machines, osgeo6 does have enough space/capacity. However it
> currently has php5.x, so we would need to either containerize (docker),
> or virtualize the Wordpress install, in order to avoid a big headache of
> trying to get all the project sites up to a new php version at the same
> time.

I've some experience with Docker and Vagrant/Ansible by now.

My understanding is that Docker is not currently used on any OSGeo
infrastructure. Is Vagrant used for the VMs ? I could not find this
information on the wiki [1].

I've also tried logging into "osgeo3" or "osgeo4", to try at
finding out by myself, but failed at finding their IP addresses:
osgeo6.osgeo.osuosl.org exists, but neither osgeo3.osgeo.osuosl.org
nor osgeo4.osgeo.osuosl.org do. Can you help with that ?