[SAC] Users directly registered on osgeo.org via wordpress

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Oct 21 08:34:51 PDT 2019

Okay.  I was more concerned about some backdoor registration page I missed.

That said -- the profile for new members I believe is supposed to go on the wiki.  Though it kind of makes sense to me it should go on www.osgeo.org especially since wiki at the moment uses its own registration system instead of OSGeo LDAP which we have not yet addressed.

At any rate having users registered directly on wordpress is a NO NO but easy enough to fix.
If you have them register for an OSGeo ID via the proper channels - https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/create

Using the username and email you registered them with on wordpress, then I can merge their LDAP and wordpress identities.

Thanks,
Regina