[SeasonOfDocs] Communication channels

Jennifer Rondeau jennifer.rondeau at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 12:35:32 PDT 2019

I like Cameron's list of communication channels, but I'd amend the
description of one of them, and suggest that we include one more pair of
related items (which I assume we'll be using anyway, but it could be useful
to spell it out in this context too):

- amend: with the requirement of an agenda created ahead of time, it's my
experience that larger video conference meetings, if held regularly, can be
great facilitators of project and community velocity, and of general good
will. This suggestion isn't meant to replace smaller ad hoc or regular
meetings, however.

- add: GitHub issues and pull requests. We're not ready for these yet, but
IME these can also be useful communication tools if guidelines for their
use are set up appropriately. And it's also useful to recommend when to
file an issue and when to file a PR. (Especially with doc-related changes
(as opposed to new docs), a PR without an issue can make a lot of sense,
even if it flies in the face of certain conventions.)