[SeasonOfDocs] Information Architecture

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 13:15:22 PDT 2019

Jo, I think this doc structure idea is important enough to break into a
new email thread and get it's own title. I'm hoping to see ideas debated
here.

I'm erring toward thinking that all our material should fit within a
website folder. Also, I'm not sure planning deserves it's own folder.
Instead I'm thinking it should just be thought of as a development
branch of all the content.

If we continue to align ourselves with WriteTheDocs, as we are
considering, we should also consider how we fit within
https://www.writethedocs.org/

So I'm thinking our structure could be:

WriteTheDocs Website

+ <other WriteTheDocs pages>

+ *WriteTheDocsGuide / TheGoodDocsProject* -> external link to our
guide.writethedocs.org or similar

++ Index.html (introduction and jump page)

++ Community/

+++ CodeOfConduct.html

+++ Governance.html (our decision making processes)

+++ DevelopmentProcess.html (This is likely big enough to be split out
from Governance)

+++ CommunicatonChannels.html (how we talk with each other and how to
get involved)

++ Templates/

+++ Quickstart/

+++ Template.html

+++ Guide.html (how to use the guide)

+++ Background.html (Where we discuss metadata concepts and research
about the Quickstart)

++ Information Architecture

+++ <site wide information architecture theory>

+++ StarRatingSystem.html (Not sure if this deserves it's own directory)

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254