[SeasonOfDocs] Proposed TheGoodDocsProject workshop for the Australian WriteTheDocs conference

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 03:30:08 PDT 2019

Hi Felicity,

Yes, scope for a workshop in November is deliberately nebulous. I expect
(hope) our thinking will have progressed by then. But I'm quite
confident we won't have solved everything by November. Yes, I think it
is a good idea for to create some framework ideas before we start the
workshop.

Cheers, Cameron

On 21/7/19 6:45 am, Felicity Brand wrote:
> Hi Cameron,
>
> I had a read of this and it's an interesting idea. I'd like to hear a
> bit more about your thinking behind it.
>
> It's a bit nebulous - is that intentional?
> "...the range of challenges we are facing. We will then break out into
> working groups to brainstorm ideas for solutions and content."
>
> Will the PSC try to come up with specific problem areas for you to
> take to that workshop?
> Will there be some sort of disclaimer that TGD project won't
> necessarily use all the ideas that come out of the workshop?
>
> Cheers
> Felicity
>

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 8:45 AM Cameron Shorter
> <cameron.shorter at gmail.com <mailto:cameron.shorter at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi folks,
>     I'm drafting a proposed workshop for the WriteTheDocs conference,
>     to be held in Sydney, Australia in November 2019.
>     http://www.writethedocs.org/conf/australia/2019/
>
>     Who else would be interested in co-presenting/coordinating this
>     workshop?
>
>     Draft proposal:
>     https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Xr358rNgnIQMACTIa9vb60V9r1YK8UNDAA4c9g3lLM/edit
>
>     Feedback and suggestions welcomed.
>
>     Cheers,
>     --
>     Cameron Shorter
>     Technology Demystifier
>     Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant
>
>     M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254