[SeasonOfDocs] How should we focus OSGeo training within SeasonOfDocs?

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Sun May 26 10:34:55 PDT 2019

Hi all,

concerning the Training Material of QGIS I want to share some thoughts:

It is more than welcome to add some "Use case" specific material within
the training manual. It still needs to be updated for QGIS 3 but have a
look here:

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/forestry/index.html

What I'll suggest is to use some specific workflow rather than
"duplicating" some other exercise in other section.

Also we have a complete "How to add you contribution" chapter:

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/appendix/contribute.html

where all the syntax to use is described.

We also have badges for exercises (Easy, Moderate, Hard) and a "try
yourself" where you can ask the user to make and exercise and then look
at the answer.

Normally we suggest to provide OSM data: if data are not too complex or
specific it allows the user to replicate the workflow in his/her area of
interest by downloading the data directly in QGIS with the QuickOSM
plugin (another section explains how to use it
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/foreword/preparing_data.html)

Cheers

Matteo