[SoC] RE: [Geotools-devel] 2007 Google SoC Student Quit

Simone Gannecchini simboss1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 11:12:17 EDT 2007

Ciao Frank,
I have a potential candidate for the vacant GSOC place although the guy is
not Jackson Roehrig but a guy that contacted us recently about the
possibility of working a bit with us on geotools/geoserver for its master
degree. We talked about him working on the GeoTools Postgis DataStore in
order to implement various improvements for it. Hopefully he should also
port some off this code into the GeoServer world.

Since he should work with us anyway I was exploring the possibility to use
him to cover the other MIA student, although he would not work on the same
project.

I realize that this might be unfeasible due to various constraints, but I
thought it was worth to give it a try anyway.
I think this covers most, if not all, of your questions. In case I forgot
something do not hesitate to ping me again.

Thanks,
Simone.
Eng. Simone Giannecchini
President /CEO GeoSolutions S.A.S.