[SoC] uDig - Digital Evalation Model

Josef Bezdek josef.bezdek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 18:18:26 EDT 2008

Hi all,

    this week I have finished module IncrementalDT - both of its two
variants of data storing (to memory, to file). I created interface
DelaunayDataStore. Two classes (DelaunayDataStoreHDD and
DelaunayDataStoreRAM) implement this interface. The used algorithm is
incremental insertion and the main data structure is R-tree.

The next finished module is TINWithFixedLines which solves fixed lines
in TIN. Input is a computed TIN as object DelaunayDataStore and List of
fixed lines. Output is corrected TIN as DelaunayDataStore.

The last finished module is LinearContourLines which computes izolines
from TIN. The module uses linear interpolation and it creates a new
shapefile of izolines.

All of three modules you can test here:
http://git.zcu.cz/svn/bakalarky/bezdek/

I send a little demonstration how the modules work on random points -
you can see it in these pictures:
TIN_orig.jpg - it shows computed TIN ( TIN is generated from 200 random
points),
TIN_fixedLines.jpg - it shows the same TIN with one fixed line,
contour_model.jpg - you can see extracted izolines from corrected TIN.

Next week I want to begin with programming of module BezierSurface,
which will divide every triangle to several little triangles. The
elevation of the newly formed vertexes will be computed with the aid of
nonlinear Bezier interpolation.

Greets Josef Bezdek