[SoC] OSGeo SoC web3D Project?

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Mar 24 07:41:14 EDT 2009

hi,

yes you are right because of the server part. I thought of developing
some sort of a dummy script which gives some answers for testing it. An
other optin was to ask Zipf if I can use his server Implementation for
testing my app. There was also an early open version W3DS (Server
Side)[1] from the SIG3D out there, but its not working any more (at
least as I tested it). And maybe I underestimated this part...
Your hint to GeoServer sounds promising. Its in Java and a OSGeo
project. Having an open source sever part for W3DS would be also a good
contribution to the community I think. :)
I will contact them for asking of a project to implement the server part
of W3DS.

Thanks alot for the help! :)

Christian

[1] http://wmc.ikg.uni-bonn.de/W3DS/