[SoC] Interests in Geoserver/Geotools

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 03:31:05 EDT 2010

> jubin1985 wrote:
>  My research area is about WebGIS, especially in integrate
> google earth plugin with GeoServer to produce a Virtual Reality
> effect. I'm interested in GeoServer, and I'm write a module
> which can produce more complex KML tags such as touring.
> However, I can't find the GeoSever on the ideas
> page (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2010_Ideas).
> Is this means I can't do things about GeoServer in gsoc this
> year?

please contact the GeoServer development mailing list and ask
them to make a page and organize reviewers/mentors. The ideas
page itself does not limit anything, but every student must have
a mentor, and if GeoServer does not provide any mentors they will
not be able to participate.

If they don't come through, it is somewhat outside my field to
suggest an alternative, but maybe someone else here has an idea.

There are a good number of OSGeo projects written in Java, and
I expect many of them could find something interesting for a
good Java/web geoserver programmer.

good luck,
Hamish