[SoC] Weekly Report for Week 10. gvSIG.

luca bianconi lc.bianconi at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 25 16:30:27 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I describe shortly the activities of this week aimed mostly to understanding
the extension system of gvSIG and to do tests for trying concepts step by
step.

It's been a hard week frankly.
Apparently no big improvements, in reality lots of things learnt about gvSIG
extensions system, about gvSIG DAL and about Maven using.
I've not understood everything yet, anyway I'm on the path "to the
target".

What have I done:

   * tried to understand how to implement the SQLite DAL provider extending
the gvSIG functionalities using the small library created during the past
weeks
   * understood how to use and compile the extension I've created
   * discussed and generally understood the gvSIG extension basics with the
gvSIG development team
   * studied the documentation about gvSIG extensions structure and
architecture [1]
   * started studying the documentation on the gvSIG DAL [2]
   * added transactions for securing the SQL operations
   * studied and tested Maven basic features

What I plan to do next week:

   * trying to understand completely how to implement the SQLite DAL
provider extending the gvSIG functionalities using the small library created
during the past weeks
   * implement the SQLite DAL provider extending the gvSIG functionalities,
using the library I've created during the past weeks

   If there's time:
    * finally implement the 3D/4D geometry support
    * implement exceptions classes for the library already developed

Problems:
   * No real problem. I need to loose some other time in understanding the
way of registering a DAL provider with a gvSIG extension, that's
unfortunately not completely clear for me yet. I need to hold on, not
discouraging, as far as I'm close to understanding how all these things
work.
   * eventually loose some time for fixing the "3D/4D problems" with
JTS(java library used here for WKB/WKT) and SpatiaLite Blob. Probably I will
be obliged to implement all these functions outside JTS.

[1]
http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/docs/devel/gvsig-devel-guide/2.0.0/crear-un-proyecto-para-gvsig/estructura-de-un-proyecto-en-gvsig
[2]
http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/docs/devel/org.gvsig.fmap.dal