[SoC] Parallelization of RST modules of GRASS GIS on GPU

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 15 15:31:52 EDT 2010

Do the system of linear equations first - it should help on several levels
because it will also make it possible to run the interpolation with fewer larger segments
and larger neighborhood reducing the instances when segments may be visible
in the resulting grid.

Computing grid may be time consuming for certain values of tension - I would have to look at it.
Checking the interpolating function at given points should be made optional - it depends on how
many points there are - it could take as much time as computing the grid.

Finding points should not take too much time unless the spatial distribution of points
is very heterogeneous, but I would have to look at it.

you can write me off-this list (maybe cc to GRASS dev list) as SoC list is mostly
to organize GSoC (at least that is how I understand its purpose),

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695
hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu