[SoC] gvSIG Mini project at GSoC

Alberto Romeu Carrasco aromeu at prodevelop.es
Tue Mar 23 07:07:20 EDT 2010

Hi all,

My name is Alberto Romeu, I'm a Software Engineer at Prodevelop [1] in Valencia, Spain. Since 2008 I've been participating in gvSIG Mini [2] and gvSIG Mobile [3] as a developer.

I'd like to become a mentor for gvSIG Mini. gvSIG Mini is a free mobile map viewer of several layers sources (OSM, WMS, WMS-c) which at the moment is able to consume YOURS [4] routing service and NameFinder [5] service (also weather, twitter services, etc.). There are two versions right now, one aimed at Android phones and another aimed at J2ME (CLDC/MIDP 2.0) phones, both projects are (of course) free.

We have a lot of ideas to develop for gvSIG Mini related to Location Based Services, client implementation of OGC standards (SOS, OpenLS), social services integration (Twitter, Facebook). We are putting all together on the gvSIG GSoC ideas wiki [6] which is open to everybody who wants to comment, suggest or add any other ideas.

[1] www.prodevelop.es <http://www.prodevelop.es/>

[2] www.gvsigmini.com <http://www.gvsigmini.com/>

[3] http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-mobile <http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-mobile>

[4] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/YOURS <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/YOURS>