[SoC] Integration of GGL2 into gvSIG - Weekly report

Víctor González victorzinho at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 06:20:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

I just updated the wiki with the second weekly report. You can find all the
info here:
http://trac3.xp-dev.com/ggl2/wiki/gvSIG_Integration#week2<http://trac3.xp-dev.com/ggl2/wiki/gvSIG_Integration#week1>

The report for this week is:

   - *What have I done?*
      - *Develop the gvSIG plugin*: I have developed the gvSIG plugin that
      returns the set of available layers in the active view and adds
new layers
      to that set when necessary. It has been implemented for files so
far, but it
      may be possible to extend the functionality to databases, web
services, etc.

      - *Test the developed artifacts*: I have tested manually the gvSIG
      plugin since it depends on the graphical user interface. I have
also written
      unit tests in order to test the correction of the XML
communication and some
      other elements such as the configuration files.
      - *Documentation*: I have written new documentation on how to interact
      with the GIS application and how the communcation takes place (the XML
      requests and responses sent from and to GGL2, configuration files, etc).
   - *What am I going to do now?*
      - *Modify the GGL2 grammar*: Next step is to modify the grammar in
      order to show the results in different GIS applications. It may
be necessary
      to change the keyword 'gis' with other construction that let us represent
      the different GIS applications.
   - *Any blocking issue?* No

Regards,
Víctor.