[SoC] Mentoring organisation application - call for review

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Thu Mar 8 15:31:23 EST 2012

Hi Anne,

I just uncommented the line for PostGIS Raster at the bottom of the list. We have a couple of nice projects for student interested. Hopefully we will not miss the boat like we did last year. Have a look at

For me it is still not clear what is your role for OSGEO versus our role as mentor. For example why do mentors have to register in Melange? The form says: "Before you can apply to be a org_admin with an organization in Google Summer of Code, you must fill out this form in order create a profile." Seems to me that this is targeted at the organisation admin, which I understand to be you, Anne? Am I missing something? Do we have to register through this form (http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/profile/org_admin/google/gsoc2012) as mentor?

Thanks,

Pierre