[SoC] UTFGrid support for MapServer

Francois Desjarlais fdesjarlais1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 08:37:51 PDT 2013

Report #8Reports #8 goes from August 3rd to August 9th. As usual, you can
find my up to date working example here: msgsoc.mapgears.comWeek 10:I
started the week by making the docs for my new feature. It was fairly
simple and took me 1 day instead of the 2 I expected. Then, I worked on a
bug in my driver for a complete day. There was a rendering problem it was
easy to fix once I found it. Finally, I worked most of the week on the
OpenLayers patch. It is now complete and I made a pull request on their
Git. I also sent a message to both devs and users mailing list about the
new UTFGrid driver so that I can start getting feedback from people. Most
of the difficulties this week came from the OpenLayers patch. Working in a
library that I didn't know in a language i'm not at ease was rough. But now
I feel comfortable with JavaScript. Making the docs and fixing my bug were
nothing too hard.
Plan:

   1. Start fixing bugs that people finds. (Unknown)
   2. Start making the tiling function for UTFGrid. (Depends on feedback)