[SoC] GSoC 13 WR 4 - Hydrologically controlled landslides susceptibility tool for uDig
gsoc at mcfoi.it
Sun Jul 14 06:06:12 PDT 2013
I’m Marco and I am working on the development of a tool to assess
susceptibility of hydrologically controlled shallow landslides.
The software will be based on the Ph.D. Thesis in Environmental
Engineering by Lanni C. (2012) and will consist of a model available
for use within the uDig/JGrass Spatial Toolbox
These are the tasks I’ve been doing during this third week:
• What did I do this week?
- This whole week was needed to (almost) complete the understanding of
the R script provided me by Cristiano Lanni. The S language, at the
level required for getting the purpose of coded procedures, was less
difficoult than expected. What slowed me down was the code itself
being something for researh purposes so the output of trial-and-error
• What will I be working on next week?
- I will complete the review of the script with the help of a virtual
meeting with Cristiano Lanni.
- I will also start learning the basics of the JGrassTool framework
thanks to the guidance of Andrea Antonello that will point me relevant
documentation to set up the development environment.
• Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?
More information about the SoC