[SoC] GSoC Weekly Report #2: 1st iteration

Francois Desjarlais fdesjarlais1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 10:39:59 PDT 2013

Report #2

This is my second report as I am working on adding UTFGrid support for
MapServer.
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/GSoC-Weekly-Report-June-28th#week-1>Week
1:

This week, we're back at MapGears' office in Quebec City. I've been working
on my UTFGrid driver and now I can render an UTFGrid. However, my grid can
only return the shapeID of countries. It works with getMap and WMS
requests. I also added some keywords to the lexer and a bit of code to make
them possible to use(still a WIP). Most of the difficulties this week came
from how to get map data into the UTFGrid driver. I still have to figure it
out. Also, since i'm no longer in Chicoutimi offices, communication with my
mentor is a bit harder.
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/GSoC-Weekly-Report-June-28th#plan>
Plan:

This first grid driver is only the first iteration for my GSoC project. Now
I have to rework it. First, I plan to directly call AGG2 driver from
UTFGrid driver instead of using a copy it. I also want to add keywords for
grid resolution. Then, I need to implement the UTFITEM and UTFDATA.