[SoC] UbuntuGIS Report 10

Ben Caradoc-Davies Ben.Caradoc-Davies at csiro.au
Mon Jul 28 21:08:23 PDT 2014

Jérôme,

the only thing I can see in your build log that could be a problem is:
"Setting up maven2 (2.2.1-19) ..."

Ubuntu maven 2.2.1 has caused so many problems that it has its own
section in the user guide:
http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/build/install/mvn.html

Can you configure the build to use a better maven? I do not know if this
will fix the problem, but it is worth a try.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 28/07/14 20:02, Jerome Villeneuve Larouche wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This week I continued work on gt-metadata. Thanks to Jody Garnett of
> GeoTools I was able to get the same source for JSR-275 that is used in
> the maven build to repackage it. This fix some of the errors I was
> getting while compiling the build. I'm still having a wildcard error
> that doesn't happen if I use the same patched pom.xml manually.
> You can see the build log here:
> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/180761636/buildlog_ubuntu-trusty-i386.gt-metadata_11.1-2~trusty3_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
>

> This week I'll be looking into this problem to try to understand why it
> happens and create a patch for it.

Software Engineer
CSIRO Mineral Resources Flagship
Australian Resources Research Centre