[SoC] Report 2 - GSoC - OpenTripPlanner - GTFS-RT Validator

Nipuna Gunathillake nipuna777 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 12:28:22 PDT 2015

Hello all,

This is my progress for the week two of the GTFS-RT validator tool.

*1) What do I have completed this week?*

   - Posting the UI designs on the OTP and GTFS-RT mailing lists
   - Re-write of the Jetty application simplifying the code.
      - Added servlets to manage requests
      - Added prototype HTML pages as static pages
   - Reading and identifying the type of GTFS-Realtime feed (Demo:
   https://youtu.be/6_gcMlQ9BQA)
   - Created task to download the GTFS files to system.

*2) What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - Cleanup of JavaScript for checking the URL
   - Figure out ways of identifying different feeds correctly. (What
   happens if a feed is empty?)
   - Creating a simple background task with progress indication for
   downloading the GTFS feed
   - Background task monitoring the GTFS feeds. (Proof of concept
   implementation that takes a simple input such as vehicle count over a
   period of time)

*3) Is there any blocking issue?*

   - No

Best Regards,