[SoC] Framework which supports addition of contraction techniques for pgRouting - Weekly Report #7

Rohith Reddy rohithreddy2219 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 06:52:27 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I am working on the implementation of a framework which supports addition
of contraction techniques for pgRouting for the GsoC 2016. This is my
seventh report.

*My initial plan*

   - Design and implement a function to expand the contracted graph, for
   testing purpose.

*What did I do this week?*

   - Discussion with the mentor about graph expansion on 05/07/2016.
   - Getting familiar with pl/pgsql.
   - Wrote a pl/pgsql script which expands the contracted graph.
   - Signature change of the contraction function.
      - Storing contracted vertices in an array instead of a string.
      - Addition of cost column to the output of the contraction query.
   - Discussion with the mentor about updating the pgTap test on 08/07/2016.
   - Update the pgTap tests due to change in the function signature.

*What will I be working on next week?*

   - Write the user documentation of the classes implemented so far.

*Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?*

   - I faced an issue in comparing arrays while adjusting the pgTap tests
   to the latest signature. My mentor Vicky Vergara helped me resolve the
   issue.
   - At the moment I’m not blocked.

Below is the link to the branch I am working on
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/tree/gsoc-ch

Below is the link to my wiki page
https://github.com/sankepallyrohithreddy/pgrouting/wiki/GSoc-2016-Contraction

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Rohith Reddy
Lab for Spatial Informatics
International Institute of Information Technology
Hyderabad, India.