[SoC] Report 10 - Android istSOS Client

Florin-Daniel Cioloboc cioloboc.florin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 13:07:18 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

Currently, I'm working on the Android part of the project.

*What did you get done this week?*
At the suggestion of my mentors I started to make a tutorial/showcase of
how to use the Java-Core. Besides, this helped me re-evaluate what I've
done so far and actually fixed some minor bugs.

Recompiled the Java core and integrated into Android project where I began
to make a test run of how the library works. I had a couple of issues with
integrating the Java Core to Android as it was developed on Java 8, it took
some time to figure a solution on how to overcome the incompatibilities but
with the guidance of my mentors I managed to do it.

*What do you plan on doing next week?*

After I finish with fixing the APK building I'll continue with Android
development using the library then make a user guide/tutorial on how to use
it.

*Are you blocked on anything?*
Unfortunately, I'm having issue with building the APK as I'm getting an
erro of DuplicateFilesException. Tried a couple of methods but nothing
worked out so far.

Best,
Florin