[SoC] Report 4 - OGC protocols support within OL3-Google-Maps

Samuel Lapointe samuellapointe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 12:58:50 PDT 2016

Hello everyone, here’s my fourth report for the OL3-Google-Maps project.

Link to the library: https://github.com/mapgears/ol3-google-maps

What did you get done this week?

   -

   I added support for several types of tile layers: TileJSON, TMS, WMTS
   and XYZ. This came with a refactor of the TileWMS herald, which is now more
   generic and supports these five source types.
   -

   I added new examples for these new layer types
   -

   There wasn’t a working automatic script to deploy examples for
   production, so I fixed the existing one.
   -

   I started working on the website for the library.

What do you plan on doing next week?

   -

   Finish the website for the library
   -

   Solve the issue where the layers’ extent is not respected by Google Maps
   (requests are sent in invalid coordinates)
   -

   Release a new version of OL3GM and announce it on the ol3-dev mailing
   list

Are you blocked on anything?

   -

   I worked a bit on the issue with the invalid requests this week, but I
   was not able to find a solution yet.

Have a nice week-end!