[SoC] GSoc 2017: GRASS GIS Locations from Public Data

Zechariah Krautwurst zfkrautw at ncsu.edu
Sun May 21 07:47:23 PDT 2017

Hello Everyone,

My name is Zeke Krautwurst. I am a 2017 Master of Geospatial Information
Science and Technology candidate at NCSU and I am very grateful to be
working with GRASS GIS this summer. My GSoC project focuses on converting
widely-used publicly available data sets into a standardized format and
coordinate projection based on a user's given location.

Since the start of the community bonding period, I have met twice with my
mentors, Anna Petrasova and Vaclav Petras. Thanks to their help, I have set
up the GRASS development environment, reviewed the GSoC project
requirements, created a Trac wiki project page [1], a GitHub repository
[2], and have begun researching existing projects and resources related to
my proposal.

I look forward to learning from and working with the OSGeo community over
the coming months. Please let me know if you have any questions or advice.

Best,

Zeke

[1]
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2017/GRASSGISLocationsfromPublicData