[SoC] GSoC 2018 report week 08 - GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection

Roberta Fagandini robifagandini at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 05:05:47 PDT 2018

Hi all!
I'm Roberta Fagandini and I'm working on my GSoC project, a GRASS GIS
module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection.
This is my report for the eighth week of coding.

1) What did I complete this week?

   - Finished writing the routine to read AERONET file and compute the
   value of Aerosol Optical Thickness at 550 nm  (one of the parameters of the
   i.atcorr control file) [0]
   - Integrated the routine for AOT computation into the GRASS python
   script to execute i.atcorr for all bands of the input image changing
   accordingly the requested input parameters and control file  [1]
   - Added the automatic and simplified procedure to identify the
   atmospheric model (one of the parameters of the i.atcorr control file) [1]
   - Managed the use of visibility as input parameter instead of AOT value
   [1]
   - Finished defining the automatic procedure for retrieving all the last
   missing parameters for the control file
   - Finished and added to my GitHub repository the complete GRASS python
   script to execute i.atcorr for all bands [1]
   - Started implementing the GUI [2]

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

   - Finish the implementation of the GUI
   - Integrate the download and import of Sentinel 2 images into the new
   GRASS module (i.sentinel.preproc)
   - Test and fix bugs
   - Make the new module available through my GitHub repository

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No at the moment even though I'm a little late on the roadmap because the
coding of the routine to compute AOT took slightly more time than expected.

Here the links to my GitHub repository [3] and wiki page [4]

Kind regards,
Roberta

[0] *https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/commit/33d0832a0f8dc4aa0c45d37ba6598988579c0d9a
<https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/commit/33d0832a0f8dc4aa0c45d37ba6598988579c0d9a>*
[1] *https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/commit/1617184154ead85f83ce7f1a8750f00f100dc2cb
<https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/commit/1617184154ead85f83ce7f1a8750f00f100dc2cb>*

[2] https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/comm
it/35175c68a35e01941faead903ec8f0380b317aa6
[3] https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows
[4] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018/CloudsAndShadowsDetection