[SoC] GSoC 2019 - Implement Edward Moore's Algorithm, Breadth First Search and Binary Breadth First Search Algorithms in pgRouting - Week 7 Report

GVS Akhil gvs.akhil1997 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 06:59:42 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

Here is the seventh-week report for my GSoC project.
Any feedback, comments and suggestions are welcome.

*Week 7 Report*

   - What did I complete this week?
      - Added path-cost calculation to the algorithm.
      - Replaced usage of a C++ STL map container with a C++ STL vector
      container. (Vector container has a lower runtime complexity
compared to map
      container for accessing stored elements)
      - Refactored the path-generation and cost-calculation sections of the
      algorithm into multiple, easy-to-read modules.
      - Added a pre-processing check that verifies that the input graph
      satisfies the restrictions set by the algorithm which are required to be
      followed for successful execution. An error is thrown if restrictions are
      not met.
      - Created a pull request [1] and merged it.
   - What am I going to achieve for next week?
   - In the following week, I plan to write tests as well as documentation
      for the algorithm. By the end of the week, I aim to have the algorithm be
      in a ready-to-implement state with all relevant work completed before
      moving on to the next deliverable of my project in the third
coding period.
   - Is there any blocking issue?
      - No blocking issues.

Public Repository: [2]